Saturday, May 14, 2011

Narnia

We just finished watching the most recent Narnia movie and I can't stop thinking about the song, "How great the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure! That He would give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure." I loved it all, but I am in complete awe at the picture of our Father's love for us. After we watched the movie I said to my girls, "Don't you just want to give Aslan a big hug. Can you see how much he LOVES His children?" He is not just a big God out there somewhere. He is a loving Father. He loves us so much. I am so humbled by this. That the God who created everything, who is worthy of everything we could possibly give, who spoke the universe into being...He hears my prayers and He wants me, us, close to him.

I heard someone say that blogging is selfish. I can see his point. Blogging in general tends to be "all about me". But I hope and pray that I write when I feel the Lord leading me to and that I will learn from my own words (which I ask to be His words) on the days when I find myself in the lowest place and can look back on what He has taught me and how I know right now that He is worth it all and Jesus always wins the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment